OUR MISSION – What Specifically Do We Do???
Today Concerned Christians exists to meet the needs of anyone seeking help, but in a holistic way. To that end and according to our resources and capabilities, we:
1. Express God’s Love through practical and specific acts of ministry
- Keeping in mind the total needs of the people we are helping.
- We do not want to simply put a “band-aid” on a long-term problem or need.
2. Pool the Talents and Resources of Individual Christians
- Dovetailing those who wish to help with those who need the help.
- Matching the gifts of one person with the needs of another.
3. Act as a Clearing-house of agencies and other assistance available
- Utilizing ministries who are willing to cooperate with us (such as SERVE, GRUNDY MOUNTAIN MISSION SCHOOL, and the PROMISE LAND RANCH).
- Exploring other options in northern Virginia and linking the people in need to these agencies.
4. Provide an Encouragement and Accountability Plan tailor-made to each individual or family
- So they might overcome and grow past their “root” problems.
- A Concerned Christians volunteer is the key person (or point man) to work with them from start to finish to keep them moving forward.
5. Teach Life Skills
- Helping the people manage all of their resources and relationships more effectively.